Monday 5 August 2013

Daddy's Song Unsung


---This song is sung to a soldier that still treads on dirt to create his mark. These melodies are formed in honour, to a legend that lives through my eyes. These words swing in rhythms for a champion whose records have vanished into blurry visions---

I have, ever since the creation of this blog space, and perhaps for the few months that led to it, grown to become a blog fiend, I follow blogs and religiously stalk (in a very normal way though) their owners- it helps me understand and bond with their writings at a more personal level. It is through this digging into blog crates that I came across one writer, who said that unless we write from the heart then we compromise our own integrity and also of that which we believe in.

So I have justified and spoken for my writings- For why I collect words and pen them from such personal spaces, for why I sound angry even through cheery jargon, for why I bear my soul and my heart between these sentences. I cannot disband myself from that which I write, I cannot write unless it is of a personal experience- regardless of whether it is mine or of one of my own.

It is from the authenticity of which my writings derive from that I heal myself. That I look for ways to attract to this place and also heal those that share similar stories of pain, the joys of my struggle and the mourning behind my achievements. I write in the hope that I somehow, by just a mile- touch the grieving hearts of those that need emotional healing the most. It is in that same light that I sing a song today.

I sing this song in low tones and reluctant melodies for I am not too certain if it should be sung. I am skeptical of the feelings it might evoke, not from anyone else but from the places in my sub-conscious that I have chosen to abandon. I have said enough.
I will sing this song unsung anyway.








A Song Unsung

She sang a song that was never sung
She sang a song to him so he wouldn’t go unsung
See his was a life of a king
And she- The princess that today has come to sing
She sings a song for a man whom she wishes to forget
A man who has seized to live but chose instead to exist
Whose perception of self he has lost
She comes to sing a song unsung
To a nonentity hero undeserving of these harmonious praises
Yet she still belts out this tune
In tribute of a common man with astounding tales
The captain from which her entire being hails
She sings this song still unsung
To a man from whose seed she sprung

Back in the days when things were cool and living was just. She was daddies little princess, his perfect little creation, his sourced design, a clone of sorts, flawlessly replicated in every sense and every way.

Daddy, I sing this song for you today
For too long I kept my feelings at bay
For these tough times you’ve endured, I’ve had nothing to say
It was humanity that led our bond astray
For the longest time all I did was pray
That I would be four years again and in your arms
Or even a twenty something year old and we’d still lock palms
Daddy I sing this song for you
In this rare moment of self praise
Remember daddy the hell we used to raise?
So much of me is still you  


She was daddies little girl. Those that know could tell of their bond, the perfect Clyde and his little Bonnie, conquering worlds together, hand in hand, hearts were clasped; thoughts too similar, she and daddy lived like Siamese. He had once meant the world to her, he had been a protector, and a shield of comfort, safe was her in his company, gentle auras whisked in his presence. 

 
Do you remember the times daddy?
When everywhere you went I’d go?
You were the champion that walked proud with that ridiculous looking fro’
Do you remember the times daddy?
When we popped bottles together
I the orange juice and you the kind that makes everything better
And we would go on sipping ‘till nothing would matter
Like it was just you and me against the world
All the pain I encountered you also felt
Do you remember the times?
When we would kick back on Saturdays
Wiled out in the kitchen creating recipes
Or how you’d sneak in teachings on the birds and the bees
Do you still reminisce of those times?
When you read me bed time stories that came with the chimes?
Remember how you took reading so seriously
And you taught me to always look at the world curiously
Do you recall daddy?
How we would just up and hit the road
To visit angry shores and calming waves
Take long walks in foreign lands where Bushmen once lived in caves
Do you remember those days?
Do you miss them like a do?
This loss of opportunity, do you rue?
Over days gone by, moments never to be regained
Of our plans that life chose to taint
Do you remember those days?


She was daddies little girl, ask her now she might deny it but deep down she still longs for the days when she waited up for daddy to come home just so they could lay on the couch and watch recorded episodes of the Wayans Brothers all night long. Nights came but daddy never did, she is a grown woman now, gone are little girl fantasies of getting lost in laughter. And now not Shawn and Marlon, not Dwayne or even Damon can lessen this hollowness in her or fill these empty spaces, where her daddy’s heart once was.  


Until next post,

Africa Rising , Peace & Revolution...

No comments:

Post a Comment