Monday 26 August 2013

Women of My life (Revised Edit)

 ---Women of My Life. They have come to carve out spaces in my heart, they bring knowledge and light through their existence. Women of My Life. Continue to pour wisdom unto my path. These are Women of My Life. My soldiers in humanity My sisters with soul---



It starts here…Mpolai Maliehe, architect to my first home-the womb, the days when I laid low.
My black queen that cracked her back to raise a princess. 


It moves on- To Tumy Maliehe a woman who played the role of the older sister I never had

The sibling rivalry, the shopping trips, to her teaching me the importance of the life game “nexe maja” from a young age, the borrowed-to-never-be-returned clothes. Eight years my senior and I still refuse to call her aunt.

with Marina

Lerato  Molisana

  
Then the towel diaper days where greatness meant you could cry the longest and loudest

Lerato, when we blew out candles on oversized birthday cakes and found true bliss in party hats, whistles and masks.


MTN from right: Madingane Thungthung & Nozipho
To the Prep days, days of MTN (madingane, thungthung, nozipho)


The playground quarrels, the lunchbox sharing, the Malealea school trips


Then the MachColl days with Mama T, Retha, Mapailz
When “Shiwelele” played full blast in Khubetsoana taxis.

To the weekend sleepovers with Marina That led to arguments that led to blown up cheeks and ego’s that led back to love.

Masthibo, Pulie, Retha Mphutlane, I remember the days of G4L (Puffy)

Naleli, Palesa, the swing and grass rolling at the UN club.


Itu Ramohau, the heart to hearts in the middle of the night. 



Makhabo (my Boobie)

Further on, to the sunny PMB days with Mapzy

The days of Gogo, Khabu and my Thundle-Tot, where we baked, or rather we got baked
The Friday evening cooking sessions, that ended up with going low to Luda *Fun Times.

Ausi Lerato Mosese, the much needed & sometimes not necessary lectures

To Nuh, the Zulu queen with the mighty confidence
Khetho, and Makhi wam’ your warm and welcoming hands into the Zulu kingdom



Again, I move on, to the sister who never let me starve in my undergrad days


Mpho
Rethabile Kaibe, the midnight calls, surprise airtime to the crazy new years eve get togethers

2011, the year I found Self, Mpho, Dino, and Hlathe


Women that dared me to challenge the status quo

That challenged me to believe beyond the standards that society has set

Mpho, how you taught me to wear my heart on my sleeve

Hlathe, you opened me up to the ways of the Universe, Ester Hicks’s Abraham, energies vibrations and frequencies

D'no, the sister I converse in complete silence with. That we blast the boom-bap with
To me you are sunshine. That dopest verse over a Pete Rock produckt




D'no
with Hlathe & Phindile



To the amazing Rhodents that know no dullness.


The ever so humble Nasi who’s always ready to listen to my constant yapping

The permanently smiling Haf with the trembling window knocks that go with the“dingi-ness” scream

 The cah-ray-zee Lethabs with that wisdom and those adorable puppy faces and growls (nahmsayin??).


Lethabo, Nasi & Hafeni


        
Ts'eli (left)  Mamello (right)
    
The Tseli and Mamello that never allow me to miss home with their too familiar sounding stories of ‘growing up as a Mosotho girl’.

To Nolty with that vibrant energy that always brings a smile to my face. 

Nomonde, with that Jozi swag and the 'tell-it-like-it-is' attitude that is just impossible not to love.

Ntombi-MaPhakathi wam. The smartest most humble friend I have

To you Vanessa, my beautiful Cape diva with that Khanyi Dlhomo posture.
                                  

Chipson, my big sister from a foreign land, I can’t forget how you made me smile through tears.

Langa, my tiny Swati lawyer who can tell jokes with a straight face -you really are the craziest of the bunch.

The oh so radical Malaika Wa Azania whose revolutionary rhetoric once drove elderly white women out of a coffee shop. Your opinion constantly elevates my mental pace; your aura is truly a gift from Africa’s ancestors








with Mabela & Retha Kamohi
with Nafeesa























I gear into this new chapter, the Public Eye fam…it kicks off with ausi Tinti, the best boss I could possibly have wished for, there are times you confuse me but I love you for believing in me and for always pushing me beyond the limits I set for myself. The devil does indeed wear Prada (your words, not mine).

Sammie, Ts’ewi, and Nomhle, those smiles and that sarcasm you serve me are what I look forward to every other morning.


My Red Dot ladies, Mabela Majara, my princess of Marabeng, no one will ever understand our crazy, u dawg yaka for life, your hugs make my entire day.

Retha, Miss Kamohi, with that cool, calm aura of yours and those cute giggles, you bring life back amidst the madness. 

Nafeesa , before you, I thought all wives and mothers were too uptight, always tense, you hold the world’s best relationship advice and you really are the epitome of superwoman.

'Malijeng (ausi oa nana)
‘Malijeng, ausi oa nana whom I sip the wine with, because of you I will remain forever young, your style is timeless and your elegance unchanging, you’ve taught me to speak my mind and stay true to me

It would have ended here, but Nomz told me it’s never ending, it goes on and on and on. So it begins again- with Madingane because one can only be their loudest cheerleader, their own greatest fan, number one follower and biggest inspiration.

You are the women that mold me, that inspire me, that love me and cry and laugh with me and continue to build me towards greatness. You are the women that I love and respect; that are headed towards success. Visionaries of today. Leaders of tomorrow. You are the women I salute!

   
Until next post,
Africa Rising, Peace & Revolution...





No comments:

Post a Comment